Wednesday 20 October 2021

DFI Day 2: WORKFLOW

 Day 2 of DFI (Digital Fluency Intensive) 

We covered several apps of Google today including Keep, Inbox, Tabs, Calendar and screen recording during a google meet.

My email inbox can be out of control to the mortification of many of my students when they notice this when my screen is shared! I use labels and star important emails, but have not used the archive tool, filter or customised my inbox. These are tools I will implement to tidy up my emails.

Recording a meeting with a partner and commenting on a google blog post was our final activity for the day. I am familiar with google meet due to online learning during lockdowns but I have not recorded a meet before, and we had a couple of learning moments including realising that only the host of the meet can record!

This will be useful when my class are blogging and we want to share and comment on each others videos, as well as useful for learning evidence for the class.


2 comments:

  1. Great working with you today Cass. I too am feeling in slightly more control of my out of control inbox too! See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Cass,
    Great to see your embedded video. I agree knowing how to record a Meet is useful. A good thing to practice with learners in case they need it.
    I would suggest learners use screencastify to record screens within a face to face class.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete